Mera Peak Climbing
Mera is one of the highest peaks in Nepal Himalaya. Rising south of Everest, the peak was first scaled 20th May 1953 by J.O.M. Roberts and Sen Tenjing. The ascent of Mera is generally technically straightforward, requiring little more than crampons and ice axe. We will fix ropes where necessary and our Guides and Sherpas will assists you as much as possible. After a mountain flight from Katmandu, our trek will begin by heading southeast from Lukla. We will walk along a high, rocky ridge through dense forests and across several streams before reaching the pass that will take us into the remote and largely uninhabited Honku Valley. Trekking and Camping in this wild land of Himalayan pine forests is indeed an impressive experience. At tangnag, we will rest and explore the huge moraine and the beautiful glacial lake north of the village. We will proceed to Khare (5,099m) and set up camp. Our ascent will follow the glacier that leads to Mera la (5,415m) and on to high camp where we will prepare for our early morning summit. From high camp, we can take in a sweeping view of Kanchanjangha, Chamlang, Makalu to the east, Everest and Lhotse to the north and Amadablam and Cho-Oyu to the west. This view is undoubtedly one of the most stunning in all of Nepal. With good conditions, we will summit Mera Peak the following morning. As we make our way back down the valley to Lukla for our flight back to Kathmandu, you will have completed a demanding trek to achieve the summit of one of the more beautiful mountains in Nepal.
Facts of the Trekking Peak
Trekking Peaks Destination : Mera Peak (6654m.)
Group Size : Min - 1
Minimum altitude : 2834m.
Maximum altitude : 6654m.
Season : Spring & Autumn
Transportation : Airplane
Duration : 21 days
Entry : Lukla Tumlingtar
Exit : Lukla
Highlights of the Trekking Peak
Mt. Everest, Makalu, Chamlang, Baruntse, Melungtse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Pumori, Tower Peak, Mera Peak, Kusum Kanggru, Kanchanjunga etc. different Community with majority of Sherpa, Tamang, Chhetri, Brahamn, Newar and Great Himalayan Landscape.
Itinerary in Details
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu international airport by our representative, transfer to Hotel.
Day 02 : Stay in Kathmandu for the official procedure & sightseeing, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03 : Fly to Lukla, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 04 : Trek to Chuthanga Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Chetarbu Kharka, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 06 : Trek to Kothe, forest Camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 07: Trek to Thangnak, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 08 : Acclimatization at Thangnak, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 09 : Trek to Khahare, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 10 : Rest at Khahare, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 11 : Trek to Mera high camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 12 : Summit to Mera Peak, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 13 : Extra summit day, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 14 : Trek back to Thangnak, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 15 : Trek to Tashing Dingma, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 16 : Trek to Chetava Kharka, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 17 : Trek to Chuthangma, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 18 : Trek to Lukla, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 19 : Fly back to Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 20 : Rest day at Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 21 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in tourist standard hotel on bed and breakfast basis
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide
- Entry permits in Kathmandu sightseeing
- Mera peak climbing permit
- Everest Region entry Permit
- Round trip flights (Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu)
- Qualified and experienced climbing guide
- All the accommodation in Tea houses and tented camp as per the itinerary
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trip
- Experienced and qualified trekking guide, cook, sherpas and porters services
- Transportation, meals, accommodation, allowance, equipments and insurance for all the staffs including climbing guide
- Trekking camping equipments (tent, mattress, pillow, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, table with chairs, all kitchen gears/utensils
- Fixed rope for climbing
- Garbage deposit fee
- All the official paper works and all applicable government taxes
- All Airport transfers
- Sleeping bag, down jacket, rucksack if you require
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Client’s insurance
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills
- Expenses other than mentioned in inclusion section above