Island Peak Climbing
Imsa Tse peak is more popularly known by the name of Island peak. Eric Shipton's party named island in 1953, as the peak resembles an island in a sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche. Later in 1983, the peak was renamed as Imsa Tse.
Island was first climbed in 1953 by a British expedition team as training for ascending Mt. Everest. The peak is a part of the south ridge of Lhotse Shar and the main lands forms a semicircle of cliffs that rise to the north of the summits of Nuptse, Lhotse, and Lhotse Shar.
Facts of the Trekking Peak
Destination : Island Peak (6169m)
Minimum altitude : 2834m.
Maximum altitude : 6169m.
Season : Spring & Autumn
Duration : 18 days
Entry : Jiri
Exit : Lukla
Highlights of the Trekking Peak
Panoramic views of Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Thamserku, old Tyangboche monastery, exploring Namche Bazaar, Khumjung village and Pangboche village
Day 01: Drive to Jiri by Express public bus (9/10 hours driving) and over night at lodge.
Day 02:Trek to Bhandar (1520 mtr. 7/8 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 03: Trek to Sete (2500 mtr. 6/7 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 04:Trek to Junbesi (2675 mtr. 6/7 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Nunthala (2345 mtr. 5/6 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Kahrikhola (2194 mtr. 5/6 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Puyan (2890 mtr. 6 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Phakding (2935 mtr. 6/7 hours walking) over night at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3443 mtr. 5/6 hours walking). Over night at lodge.
Day 10: Rest Day acclimatization and exploration
Day 11: Trek to Khumjung (3,790 m), Overnight at Lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Tyangboche (3,867 m), Overnight at Lodge.
Day 13:Trek to Dingboche (4,343 m), Overnight at Lodge.
Day 14:Trek to Chhukung (4,730 m), Overnight at Lodge.
Day 15:Island Peak base camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 16: Island Peak High camp (5,600 m), Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 17: Island Peak Summit (6,169 m) back to base camp, Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 18: Trek to Pangboche (3,901 m), Overnight at Lodge.
Day 19: Trek to Khumjung (3,790 m), Overnight at Lodge.
Day 20: Trek to Phakding, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 21: Trek to Lukla, Overnight at Resort.
Day 22: Fly back to Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 23: Free day relaxation, shopping and personal activities in Kathmandu.
Day 24: As per your flight schedule, transfer to airport and fly back home or to your next destination with great experiences of Himalayan adventure
Trip Cost Include
- Accommodation in Kathmandu in three star hotel on Bed and Breakfast basis as per the itinerary
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu with guide and by car
- Entry permits to all the monumental zones in Kathmandu
- Island peak climbing permit
- Peak climbing guide with his insurance, transportation, accommodation, meals, equipment and allowance included
- Trekking permit/Everest National park entry permit
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) fee
- Land transportation from Kathmandu to Jiri
- All the accommodation at teahouse/lodge and at camp during the climbing and trekking period
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking period
- Qualified and experienced trekking guide, cook and porters services
- All the camping utensils for camping during climb.
- Lukla – Kathmandu flight ticket with cargo service
- Transportation, accommodation, meals, allowance, insurance and equipments for all trekking staffs
- All the official paper works and all applicable government taxes
- Sleeping bag, down jacket and rucksack if required
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Client’s insurance
- Expenses of personal nature and all bar bills
- Expenses other than mentioned in inclusion section above